MICRA’s mission is to build the institutional strength and outreach of the Indonesian microfinance sector, by providing a full range of high quality, best-practice technical inputs, and support to all industry stakeholders in a sustainable and demand-driven manner.
Our Core Values:
- Quality and Innovation: To deliver high quality, innovative products, and services to clients.
- Performance Standards: To deliver services that result in a high standard of performance and financial sustainability.
- Accountability: To be accountable and responsible with high integrity and commitment to business cooperation.
- Working Environment: To promote fairness, effectiveness, and a productive working environment.
MICRA In Numbers
- been partnering with over 2000 MFI's, that attended our technical assistance programs on both hard and soft skills including public training, open group discussions, workshops, seminars, customized training, and many others.
- performed more than 500 rating activities to assess the credit standing of MFI's in Indonesia.
- carried out more than 600 assessment programs whit UPK-PNPM Mandiri, initiated by the World Bank in four Indonesia provinces, in both urban and rural areas.
- joined the bank of Indonesia's pilot program to apply its raring mechanism for SME's in JABODETABEK and Central Java.
- completed more than 100 research and innovation projects on various topics including access to finance, women empowerment, agriculture, renewable energy, advancing technology for the poor, social fund analysis, micro insurance, and many more.
The Microfinance Innovation Center for Resources and Alternatives (MICRA) is an Indonesian foundation focused solely on the development of the microfinance sector. MICRA was founded by Mercy Corps, an international NGO, in 2006 to institutionalize its joint “Commercial Linkages Pilot Project” with IFC PENSA, as well as its long history of support to MFI’s throughout Indonesia.
MICRA has extensive expertise in the Indonesian microfinance sector, we provide our clients with the advantage of deep market knowledge to a range of MFI’s, varying in sizes, legal types and geographic coverage. MICRA offers a holistic approach to the meso-level support sector through strong linkages between units that foster learning and creativity.